It's been an awesome week of writing, but I must apologize for not blogging. So now that that's been said, I owe one more apology. The amazing, the stupendous, the remarkable, (yeah even I'm gagging) the perfect blogger that I can no longer find, sent me one of those seriously sweet blog awards and being the numbskull that I am, I can't locate it. So, I'm sorry.
Getting back to the promise I made to humiliate myself for your amusement, I'm
posting the first and last sentences of the first five chapters of BLAZE, my 2010 NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month AKA November) story.
Please be gentle as the goal is to write a novel with a minimum word count of 50,000, and it was mission accomplished. The rest is self-explanatory.
BLAZE is a completed, unedited YA Romantic Fantasy at 66,500 words.
1. Don’t call Captain Thorton please, just this once, just this year, can’t we skip it?
2. Super crapola, the rest of the handkerchief crowd was headed her way, rheumy eyed and ready for a good cry to salve their conscious.
1. “What’s up Wheels? Or should I say Mazel Tov?”
2. Shouldn’t she happy for them?
1. The gate screeched as Blaze pushed the rusty hinges to their breaking point and slipped through the gap into the overgrown brambles.
2. He sent the other half of his soul out after her, but as usual it sang to empty air.
1. Blaze’s yard was swarming with police officers as she ran up and her stomach fell through the sidewalk, the flowers in her gut turning into liquid acid.
2. And she continued running until she was safe inside the walls of Athens High and halfway to her locker.
1. Wheels’ locker was below and to the left of Blaze’s and he was already there as she arrived out of breath and frazzled.
2. He’d be ready and waiting when they knocked on his door.
The chapters in this novel are very long and will undoubtedly be cut in half when I actually start editing it. But for now, I can see the plot following through by the first and last lines. So, even though I'm very proud of this one, it will be salvageable when the work I'm on finally gives me a rest.
Now that I've been baring my soul, I hope a few of you, will follow suit and let me know where I can read them. I will be taking a week's vacation at the beach with my darling perfect pixie of a granddaughter, but I will check in.